WARRENSBURG, NY (NEWS10) – The Warrensburgh Riverfront Farmers Market continues its grocery cart full of festival-themed weeks with something that will bring flavor and spice to most dishes.
Next Friday, October 8, is the 12th annual Garlic Festival at the Farmer’s Market along River Street in the town of Warrensburg, just in time for Columbus Day weekend.
That means visitors from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. this Friday are ready for a cacophony of garlic-related delicacies, including caramelized onion and roasted garlic jam, black garlic, and even fudge to garlic, all brought to you by Caldwell Country Farm.
But this is only the beginning. Garlic-centric recipes and horticultural information for growers will be on-site, courtesy of Cornell Cooperative Extension of Warren County.
The full list of participating companies includes:
- Adirondack Gold Maple Farm, Bear Pond woodworking (fine woodwork and paintings)
- Birdy’s Designs (copper-wired gemstone jewelry and plants in ceramic vessels by Robin Hansen)
- Blackberry Hill Farm (artisan breads)
- Caldwell Country Farm (organic produce and preserves)
- Calico Corner (fabric crafts)
- Coffee with a cause
- Pastor Aaron Spoonhour of the First Baptist Church of Warrensburg (locally roasted coffee beans)
- Cover Your Sass Boutique (natural skin, body and home care by Tonia Scheerer)
- Crazy Creek LLC (hand painted wood panels and earrings)
- Dawn delights (pastries, salads, authentic Italian tomato sauce, local honey)
- For the Love of Rocks (sterling silver jewelry with gemstones from Linda O’Neil)
- Glens Falls Distillery (Maple whiskey and other spirits)
- GrÃ¡ den TalÃºn Farm (garlic varieties)
- Hayfield’s Farm / The Family Cow Soaps (soaps, balms, lip balms and painted boards)
- Nettle Meadow Cheese Farm
- North East Corner Herb Farm
- Seeds of Wisdom by Sheila (ointments, essential oils and Native American crafts)
- Tabula Rasa Designs (Unique Wood Cutting & Deli Planks & Panels)
- TanyaArtCo (paintings, felt creatures and scarves by Tanya Sawn)
- Ferme Trillium (chicken and duck eggs)
- And more to announce.
The festival will also feature a children’s craft workshop, live music by George Parrott and the chance to win $ 20 in Farmer’s Market Credit.
To stay COVID safe, a disinfection station will be on site.
The festival and all Farmer’s Market events are sponsored by Warrensburgh Beautification Inc.
More from NEWS10
Follow us on social media